Regular business hours are from Monday thru Friday from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM and Saturday/Sunday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. After Hours: We have after hour’s emergency staff on on-call for current/ in-house guests of Mammoth Five Star Lodging of which the phone number will be provided on your confirmation letter upon making a reservation.
PAYMENT POLICIES FOR RESERVATIONS
1) If you book more than 30 days prior to your arrival date:
*First Payment is due at the time of booking- For the "First Payment", the guest the will be charged 50% of the total balance due.
*Second Payment is due 30 days prior to the date of arrival - For the "Second Payment", the guest will be charged the remaining 50%. This will make a zero balance due.
2) If you book within 30 days of your arrival date:
*The total balance is due in full at the time of booking- 100% is due at the time of booking.
CANCELATION AND REFUND POLICY
1) YOU MAY CANCEL more than 30 days prior to your arrival date:
You must provide written notice of cancelation to email@example.com, MORE THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR to your Arrival/Check-In Date We will refund the full 50% deposit, less a $65 cancelation fee.
2) YOU MAY NOT CANCEL within 30 days of your arrival date (the “non-cancelable period”):
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU PURCHASE TRAVEL INSURANCE TO PROTECT YOU SHOULD YOU BE UNABLE TO COMPLETE YOUR TRAVEL (EITHER THROUGH US OR ANOTHER REPUTABLE SOURCE). WE CAN NOT MAKE EXCEPTIONS TO THE CANCELATION POLICY OF ANY KIND. WE CAN NOT RESCHEDULE YOUR ARRIVAL FOR LATER DATES. WE CAN NOT REASSIGN YOU TO ANOTHER PROPERTY.
3) RE-BOOKING POLICY-if you want to exit your reservation during the non-cancelable period:
If you will be unable to make your trip to Mammoth Lakes, you may request that we attempt to rebook your dates, in writing, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note:
We require written notice a minimum ten days prior to your arrival to allow enough administrative time to reopen your dates on our calendar.
WE WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO REBOOK ANY ARRIVAL WITHIN TEN DAYS OF YOUR SCHEDULED ARRIVAL DATE:
By email please indicate whether you will accept a partial re-booking or only a complete re-booking of all your dates.
We make NO GUARANTEES that we will be successful in re-booking your dates.
Due to the amount of administrative time and effort required to accommodate short notice re-booking’s, a fee of $125 will be charged to your card on file regardless of whether we are successful in re-booking your dates.
You agree that Mammoth Five Star Lodging is not responsible for any scheduling conflicts that arise as a result of attempting to rebook your dates.
If we are unable to rebook your dates, you may still use the property as agreed. Please let us know you intend to arrive in the event we are unsuccessful re-booking your dates.
We reserve the right to decline to attempt to rebook any reservation, for any reason. Re-booking is a courtesy provided by our team and is conducted entirely at the discretion of Mammoth Five Star Lodging management.
IF WE ARE SUCCESSFUL IN RE-BOOKING ALL/ANY OF YOUR DATES, we will refund your card on file the exact amount we were able to collect from the new/re-booking party for the exact date range rebooked.
Mammoth Five Star Lodging reserves the right to change these policies at our discretion and to enforce the cancelation terms of this contract to the full benefit of Five Star Lodging, Inc. and the property owner at all times.
4) Termination of Travel insurance and Damage Waiver Insurance:
YOU MAY CANCEL TRAVEL INSURANCE IF YOU ARE - more than 30 days prior to your arrival
*if more than 30 days prior to your arrival, you can terminate the coverage with a full refund within 10 days of purchasing the coverage. No refund will be given if cancelation occurs outside of 10 days after opting-in for travel insurance. Please note you cannot cancel travel insurance if you are less than 30 days prior to your arrival date/ within the non-cancelable period.
*If Damage Waiver Insurance is purchased, you can terminate the coverage any time before your scheduled arrival with a full refund of the $45 premium. Please note that you can add the damage waiver insurance to your reservation up to the day before your scheduled arrival.
REFUNDABLE SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT versus DAMAGE PROTECTION INSURANCE WAIVER
At the time of booking, the client will choose between the following two options:
1) Refundable damage deposit ($500)- The day before your scheduled arrival, your credit card will be authorized for a refundable damage deposit of $500.00. All units are fully inspected before and after every stay. Your deposit will be refunded in full within 72 hours after your departure, provided: guests do not violate unit rental policies; the unit and its contents are left in undamaged/like condition as upon arrival; and all keys, keycards, parking permits, garage door openers, etc. are left in the unit in accordance with check out procedures. Violations and/or damage will incur charges against the security deposit (and possibly additional charges to your credit card in excess of the $500 deposit) as necessary to return the unit to its pre-rental condition. You hereby agree to secure the unit against any and all damage by you or your guests during the time of your stay, and authorize Mammoth Five Star Lodging to use your security deposit or credit card for that purpose.
2) Non-Refundable Damage Insurance Waiver- For rental property locations in the USA: The Accidental Rental Damage Protection provides coverage up to the amount purchased ($1,500) per stay and is valid for the entire stay. With the Accidental Rental Damage Protection, you and your traveling companions will not be obligated to pay for damage or theft to the contents of the rental unit you occupy. Accidental Rental Damage Protection does not cover: Intentional acts of a guest and/or traveling companions; Gross negligence or willful conduct; Any loss, if a guest and/or traveling companions do not take reasonable and prudent measures to protect the residence; Any loss, if the guest does not report the damage to the residence rental management staff by the time residence is vacated; Normal wear and tear; Theft without forced entry; Damage or loss caused by any pet or other animal that was not allowed onto the premises under the Rental Agreement. A description of coverage with exclusions, conditions, and limitations that may apply will be mailed or emailed to you upon purchase. All references to currency are in United States dollars. $45.00 for $1,500.00 of coverage.
TRAVEL INSURANCE (Optional)
Never be at risk to pay for a trip you could not attend! Mammoth Five Star Lodging offers a range of products to meet your travel needs. Travel Insurance only costs 7% of the total booking amount, and plans include valuable medical coverage, trip interruption, coverage for theft of baggage and personal effects, accident coverage, emergency travel and health services, and more. Our travel protection products include: backpackers protection, expatriate protection, luggage protection, missionary health protection, skiing travel protection and airline tickets. Protect yourself from unexpected weather, unintended change of plans, and unexpected illness. Travel insurance is a good way to protect yourself from the Mammoth Five Star Lodging: Cancelation Policy. All references to currency are in United States dollars.
Benefit Maximum Benefit Amount
*Trip Cancelation- Trip Cost up to $50,000 **
*Trip Interruption- Up to 100% of Trip Cost
*Travel Delay- $600 ($200 per day maximum)
*Baggage Delay- $1,000 ($200 per day maximum)
*Medical Expense/Dental Expense- $25,000 $1,000 ($50 deductible)
*Medical Evacuation/Medical Repatriation: Repatriation of Remains $250,000
*24 Hour Accidental Death & Dismemberment- $100,000* This Program not available to residents of New Hampshire or Puerto Rico: please select an
.......alternative Program. **Any trip cost that is over $50,000 must have approval from the underwriter prior to purchase. *Maximum length of trip is 60 days. *Restricted countries: www.PAC7.com/Travel-Restrictions. This schedule is only a summary of your coverage benefits. Your coverage benefits, including any exclusions, conditions and limitations, are described in full in the master policy issued to PAC7, a copy of which will be emailed or mailed to you upon purchase. Travel Insurance benefits underwritten by the American Modern Home Insurance Company. Version: November 1, 2013 Cost: 7.000% of Reservation Total View Travel Insurance; Sample Description of Coverage
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PAYMENT
Visa, Master Card, Discover and E- Check
In the event of any charge reversal or change of authorization to a credit card on file, you agree to make immediate payment in full to Mammoth Five Star Lodging in cash or alternate form of payment, in accordance with this agreement.
DAILY REPLENISHMENT OF SUPPLIES/TOWEL “SERVICE”
Units are cleaned and supplied (bath towels, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.) prior to your arrival in quantities sufficient to last one day. An available replenishment service (towel exchange/supply replenishment) is not included in the base rental rate. We offer these services at an additional $35/scheduled day, plus tax. Please contact our reservations department by calling 866-626-6684 extension 701, during normal business hours, to purchase this additional service. (Note: we require a minimum of 48-hour notice to schedule this service.)
A Mammoth Five Star Lodging confirmation letter includes: directions, contact information, and key/password instructions to gain access to the unit. The confirmation letter will be sent (by e-mail) to you after we have successfully processed payment for your reservation in full and your balance is zero (within 24 hours).
CHANGING A RESERVATION
You may change your reservation dates or property selection without penalty or fees up to 30 days before your arrival date. For reservation changes or cancelations, please contact our office at 866-626-6684, or by email: email@example.com.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES
Check-in is at 4:00 pm | Check-out is at 10:00 am.
Unfortunately, during peak holiday seasons and busy weekends, we cannot offer early check-in or late check-out times. We must ask that all guests follow check-out procedure and check-out at the designated time of 10 am. Please extend this courtesy to the guest that follows your stay. During off times, and based on availably, we can offer a late check-out, but please contact our office to request this at least 24 hours in advance of your departure date. Schedule permitting we can offer free late check-outs till 12 noon and a half day charge for a late check out of 5 pm. Any renter occupying the condo after 10 am on an unauthorized late check-out will have their security deposit deducted at the rate of $100/hour, after 10 am. Also, if you enter the property early, without authorization, we will deduct $100/hour from your damage deposit.
NO PET POLICY
There are only a few specific units in our inventory that accept pets.
When booking a pet-friendly unit, please indicate the type of animal by emailing us at:
Additional pet fees are determined on a case-by-case basis, but we generally require a one-time, non-refundable pet fee of $75.00. We also require that you purchase our damage waiver insurance that will cover you and your dog for up to $1500 of coverage for accidental damage. This coverage is a non-refundable, flat fee of $45.
If an animal is seen in the unit by one of our staff during your stay, and it has not been approved, you will be asked to leave immediately and no refund will be given. If residue of an animal is found during our inspection following checkout, you will be assessed a minimum $350 cleaning charge.
All properties are thoroughly inspected by our staff prior to your arrival. Following your scheduled departure, our staff will complete a thorough check of the unit for any damage, theft and/or abnormal wear and tear. Guests are liable for any and all damages to the property, furnishings, equipment and household items within the unit that occurred during their stay whether it is caused by the guest, pet(s), or any invitee of the guest. Please report any problems with your unit, or damages found, immediately to our office. Please do not remove any items from your unit. All properties are non-smoking! If during your stay anyone smokes inside the unit, a $300.00 cleaning fee, plus reimbursement for any damages, will be charged to your credit card.
Any damages, phone charges, mailed guest items, etc. will be charged against the credit card on file or against the security deposit held.
The guest acknowledges that they will be respectful of other tenants in the building where the unit is located, and will obey posted signs and rules on the property premises. If the guest or anyone in the guest’s party causes a disturbance or nuisance at the premises, such that local law enforcement is contacted, then the guest may be required to vacate the premises IMMEDIATELY, at the discretion of Mammoth Five Star Lodging management. If Mammoth Five Star Lodging is contacted directly and receives complaint of a disturbance or nuisance at the premises, our staff will contact the guest and request that the guest mitigate said disturbance or nuisance. If our staff continues to receive complaints or receives complaints from multiple parties concerning a disturbance or nuisance at the unit, we may contact local law enforcement and have the guest(s) removed from the unit. Any removal due to a nuisance or disturbance at the unit will result in a forfeiture of the entire amount of the reservation, and loss of use of the unit.
When reservations are taken, Mammoth Five Star Lodging strictly follows the transient occupancy law adopted by the town of Mammoth Lakes. Exceeding maximum occupancy for a rental unit constitutes defrauding an innkeeper under California Penal Code and such fraud is punishable by a fine of up to $1,000.00 or imprisonment for up to 3 years. In addition, you may be required to vacate the premises immediately and you will not receive a refund on your booking.
- A maximum of two (2) cars are permitted per unit (unless otherwise stated). There are some properties that only allow one (1) car per unit (i.e. the Village at Mammoth). Please check the unit description for these details or check with our office if you need to make arrangements for additional parking.
- No motor homes or large trailers are allowed at our properties.
- We are not able to guarantee all common area facilities/amenities will be in working order (i.e. pools, spas, saunas, etc.) and refunds will not be given in association with these facilities/amenities.
- You must be at least 25 years of age to rent a unit from Mammoth Five Star Lodging.
- Certain amenities provided in units rely on technology or outside service which includes a possibility of failure. We cannot guarantee that fireplaces, internet connections, televisions and appliances will function 100% of the time. Refunds will not be given in association with non-working features or amenities; however we will make every effort to correct problems when they arise.
- Many units are located in a “lodge setting” (especially The Village at Mammoth) and are situated in busy public environments where noise or outside activity is beyond our control. If you prefer a quiet environment, please inquire with our reservations department about the properties which offer the best location for your stay. Refunds will not be given in association with noise complaints under any circumstances.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles, or items left in units after your departure. We will make every effort to find and return your articles. These items will be returned at the guest’s expense.
- The owners of your unit may have installed a phone for your convenience. You have access to free local calling in the 934, 924, and 935 exchanges. Please note that to make a phone call, it is necessary to dial a “1” and the area code of “760”, just as you would to make a long distance call. Long distance calling is NOT provided.
- Please DO NOT use liquid dish soap in the dishwasher. Liquid soap will cause the dishwasher to flood the kitchen floor. Please use the dishwasher detergent packages provided. Also, please refrain from opening the dishwasher while it is running.
- Winter Heating: When leaving the unit for an extended period of time, please turn down the thermostat to 50 degrees. During extremely cold temperatures, take care not to turn the heater off completely, as this could result in frozen pipes and considerable damage. Never place anything on or near the heaters, especially baseboard heaters, as this has the potential to start a fire. Upon departure, please turn the heat down to 50 degrees.
- Summer Heating/Air Conditioning: Upon departure in the summer months, please turn the heat off completely. The weather in Mammoth is considered a mountain temperate climate. Most housing in Mammoth is not air conditioned, and it is generally not necessary during the summer season. Some units are equipped with fans.
Due to Mammoth's unique environment (cold/freezing weather, local bear population, etc.) and the short turnaround time between your departure and the arrival of the next guest, we require departing guests to adhere to specific check out procedures. These must be followed to prevent loss or damage to the property or to important assets such as keys, parking passes, etc. and to enable us to prepare the unit for the next guest in a timely manner. The welcome binder for your unit may have additional check out instructions, however the following procedures generally apply to all properties.
Please note that failure to follow these instructions may lead to additional fees charged against your security deposit, especially if they result in damage or loss, or prevent our housekeeping staff from readying the unit for the next guest.
1) Check-out no later than 10:00 AM unless authorized IN ADVANCE for a late check-out ($100/hr)
2) Turn off all lights, televisions, etc.
3) Place all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and run it
4) Turn down all heaters to 50 degrees (winter) or set to OFF or the lowest possible setting (summer)
5) Close and lock all windows and doors
6) For rental containing plastic/non-paper parking passes or garage remotes, please remove the pass/remote from your vehicle and return to the kitchen counter
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
Mammoth Five Star Lodging, its employees, contractors and assigns (together MFSL) is not the owner of the unit/property you are renting. MFSL acts only as a sales/booking agent for the private property owners. Except for MFSL’s or its representatives own negligence or willful misconduct, you agree that MFSL, its agents heirs and assigns, should, to the fullest extent permitted by law, be protected from any and all loss, injury, damage, claim, lawsuit, cost, expense, attorneys' fees, litigation costs, or any other cost arising out of or in any way related to the occupation of the rental unit. Further, the resort area of Mammoth Lakes offers a number of outdoor activities including skiing and snowboarding, which include inherent hazards, especially potential slip and fall accidents due to wet floors, and equipment. Renters are responsible for properly stowing their sports equipment in a safe, dry environment while in the units.